Monday, June 9, 2008

First Night Home

I had the choice of leaving the hospital on Saturday night or staying until Sunday morning. I decided that I would rather be in my own home so we left around 7pm on Saturday night. My parents had been keeping Owen since Friday morning and they told us they would still keep him even if we decided to come home early. They would just bring him over first thing on Sunday morning. We had only been home a few minutes when I decided to call my mom and dad and find out how Owen was doing. It was a little after his bedtime so I figure he would already be asleep. When I called my dad answered the phone and said that Owen was being a really good boy. He hadn't gone to bed just yet because my mom and dad had company over. I told my dad that I really wanted to have both of my boys home with me and he said they would bring him right over. It just didn't feel right being at home with Jack and not having Owen there. Owen fell asleep in the car on the way home, but he quickly woke up once my dad carried him inside and we started talking. I was so happy to have him home!!! Michael and I played with Owen for a little while and he had fun playing in Jack's bassinet and then around 10 we told Owen it was time to go nigh-nigh and he made a beeline for this bedroom. He was so ready to go to bed. I was worried that he wouldn't sleep good either since Jack would be crying, but he only woke up once and just cried for a little while and went right back to sleep. Jack had a good night as well.



0 comments: