Monday, June 9, 2008

Owen's a BIG Brother!!

The night we had Jack our friends Micah and Kim stayed the night at our house with Owen. The next morning my parents went and picked him up so he could come to the hospital and meet his baby brother. I had specific instructions for them to not come into the room, but let Michael go out and get Owen and bring him in so the 4 of us could have some family alone time. When they got there they did just that and Michael brought Owen in the room. He seemed pretty quiet at first since the last day had been pretty weird for him and seeing mommy at the hospital must have made him even more confused. I made sure that I wasn't holding Jack when Owen first came in the room. I didn't want him to be instantly jealous so we made sure we had Owen time first. After a minute or two Michael sat Owen up in bed right next to me and he picked Jack up from the bassinet (Owen hadn't even noticed him yet). I asked Owen where the baby was and he immediately tried to lift up my shirt and point at my tummy. I said nope this is our baby and Michael lower Jack to Owen's level so he could see him. Owen didn't know want to think of him at first. He did touch his nose and try to take off his hat and then he politely pushed him away.



A little later on Michael sat on the couch in our room and Owen started getting a little more interested in Jack. He even leaned down and kissed him.

Today Owen has amazed us even more with his ability to change with his surroundings. He is not jealous of Jack at all. He has been so cute today. He has kissed Jack and snuggled him so many times. After his nap he wanted to get in the bassinet with Jack since he was napping too and we let him and he just loved on Jack for the longest time. We had 4 visitors today, 2 of Michael's co-workers and my parents came over, both times when Owen saw that new people were in the house he came right over to Jack pointing at him and looking at the visitors as to say, "Look, look it's my baby brother!" He has such a sweet heart and he is great big brother. Jack is a very lucky boy!

0 comments: