Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Knock Knock...Let me in!!!

You might think by the title of this post that Owen locked me out, but nope the electricity locked me out. See Michael and I were the only ones that had keys to our house and about 2 years ago I gave my house key to our friends Micah & Kim. They were going to check in on the cats while we were on vacation. I never got around to making another key for myself because I always come in through the garage door by using the garage door opener or the keypad. What are the odds that the electricity would be out when I need to come in?? I guess the odds caught up with me. I should go buy a lottery ticket!

Anyway on Monday afternoon the boys and I went out to do some errands and when we pulled up to the house I pushed the garage door opener a couple of times and decided that the stupid thing wasn't working. So I got out of the car and punched in the code on the keypad...nothing. I tried it a couple more times and decided that the stupid thing wasn't working. I called Michael and he asked me if the keypad was lighting up when I punched in the code. Hello it's the middle of the day how am I supposed to tell if it's lighting up. Then I cupped my hand around the keypad and it wasn't lighting up. Come to think of it the outside light that is always on...wasn't.

Michael was working in Federal Way which was farther away than Micah & Kim's new house so I called them up. Thankfully Kim was home and had my house key so the boys and I buzzed over there to pick it up. By this time Jack needed to nurse so we hung out for a little bit and I joked with Kim that I was sure the power would be back on by the time I got home. When I pulled up to the house I pushed the garage door opener like normal, but nothing. There was a PSE truck across the street though so there was hope the power would be restored soon.

After opening my front door with a key for the first time in forever I decided to get dinner ready. Thankfully I had already planned on having a cold salad for dinner so no big upset there. Owen of course wanted nothing to do with it so he ate 2 strawberries for dinner. By the time Michael got home it was getting to be twilight outside and it was time for the boys to go to bed. Michael and I were going to watch a movie together but no such luck so we lit a bunch of candles and decided to have a good old fashioned night of (where is your mind going...my parents read this blog) playing card games. We played Cribbage and I got 22 points in one turn and for the first time ever I won!!! After that Michael was ready for bed...sore loser! ;) So we turned out the lights I mean snuffed out the candles and went to bed. Easier said than done though because the PSE workers had come back to fix the problem and were making quite a bit of noise and I'm so used to sleeping with the sound of a fan it was hard for me to fall asleep. I do remember hear the fan kick on a while later and then I fell fast asleep. AHHHH...sleep!!!

0 comments: