Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Honoring my Grandpa

Today my Grandpa was laid to rest at the National Cemetery in Tahoma. The ceremony was beautiful. I had never been to a memorial service for a veteran before so it was very awe inspiring for me. I think it's wonderful how the men and women that have fought to keep our country safe are honored.

The bugle played, kind words were spoke, the guns were shot, the flag was folded, the widow saluted, my Grandpa honored!





I'm Free!
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free;
I'm following the path, God laid for me;
I took his hand, when I heard his call;
I turned my back, and left it all.
Perhaps my time, seems all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now, with undo grief;
Lift up your heart, and share with me;
God wanted me now, he set me free.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

that looked like a very nice service. I was wondering when it was going to be. Guns and flags, oh my... awesome! I hoe your gma is doing okay.

Unknown said...

Yeah..it is amazing. My grandpa was honored the same way. It is very special and my grandma has the flag in his old bedroom.