Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on Grandpa

Yesterday Jack and I went to visit Grandpa and other family members at the hospital. I left Owen at home with Daddy as the trip the night before really freaked him out. There were too many emotional people around and the room was dark so he cried the whole way home. Anyways Grandpa was actually able to communicate a little. He told me he loved me when I told him I loved him. Things haven't changed though in regards to the damage that was done to his brain. He is going to be moved to a nursing facility sometime soon not sure when yet. He is going to be made comfortable and family will be with him.

It really is odd the timing of things...the day that my Grandpa had his stroke I was actually on the phone asking my sister-in-law Michelle if she would take care of Owen and Jack if anything were to ever happen to Michael and I. Of course she said she would, but the fact that I was talking about such morbid things on the same day is so weird. My mind has been wandering to thoughts of the afterlife for the last few days before any of this even happened. In fact I started writing my will on www.legalzoom.com that night before I heard about Grandpa's stroke. It's an awesome website and super easy and way cheaper than having a lawyer write up a will for you. I would strongly suggest visiting it if you don't have a will yet.

I also picked up and started reading this book called Heaven by Randy Alcorn. I purchased it about 3 years ago, but never made it past the 1st chapter. I'm so engrossed in this book right now. I would so suggest reading it if you are at all curious about what happens after death. I will admit that I've been one of those Christians that has actually dreaded the thought of heaven. Sitting around singing or praying and strumming my harp for eternity didn't really seem like a good time to me, but my views have been completely transformed after reading this book and I'm only on chapter 10! I'm so looking forward to heaven and all the wonderful things God has in store for me. This world is really not my home and knowing that such a glorious place awaits us makes it that much easier to think that my Grandpa will be there very soon.

0 comments: