Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Decorations

Saturday morning we finally got the Christmas tree up. My parents let us use their old tree since they have such high ceilings they have a 12ft tree now!!! It's HUGE! I'll take pictures the next time I'm there. Anyways I was so happy they let us use their old tree because it's a skinny tree. I really wanted to put the tree in front of our window in the living room, but I didn't want it to be in the way. Our old tree is really big around so it would have really gotten in the way. The skinny tree is perfect though.
I was so surprised how fast the tree went up. I bought our old tree back in 2000 so you have to put every individual branch in and then add the lights. This tree was much newer and came in three sections and was pre-lit. The tree was up and ready to decorate in about 5 minutes. Awesome!!!
Owen really enjoyed watching Daddy put the tree up. He especially loves the lights!
This is the fireplace in our dining room. It's really suppose to be a family room, but we use it as our dining room. Michael just recently painted the two walls on either side of the fireplace red and we got the new curtains to match too. I love it! You might notice that their are only 2 stockings...I don't actually have stockings for the boys. We've been looking for some though...so far we haven't found any we like.


Here is the view from outside our window. I remember being young and seeing other peoples trees in their windows and thinking that was so nice of them to share it with everyone so I'm so happy we can share our tree with other people in the neighborhood. If you look close you can see Owen in the window. He's looking out trying to find me.

0 comments: