Friday, December 26, 2008

Snow Storm 2008

Here's the house after we got all that snow. It's hard to tell exactly how much we got because it was so windy. The first time it snowed nothing stuck to the roofs because of the wind. But according to the sidewalk in front of the fence we got 9 inches, but I think it was really closer to 11. It was lot that's for sure!
Here is Michael's banana plant that we planted this summer...
Here it is now! Thank goodness Lowe's has a 1 year warranty on there plants. We are pretty sure it's not going to make it since it's only suppose to handle temperatures down to 20 degrees. We didn't bother building a covering for it because we thought it wouldn't get that cold. WRONG!!!
After taking Owen out the first time it snowed I checked in his closet just to be sure that he didn't have snow boots and sure enough he did!! I knew my cousin had given me some, but I thought they were WAY to big for him, but they weren't. They were one size to big, but we kept him in his footie pajamas so that took up the extra room.
Michael came out in the snow in just his pajamas and normal shoes until I was able to talk some sense into him!!!
Owen liked walking in compact snow that was on the road better than the deep snow.
Daddy wrote Owen's name for him. Surprisingly Owen didn't try to mess it up!
Michael and I both worked at clearing the driveway while Owen kept going over to the snow pile and bring snow back. Thankfully his shovel and stamina was smaller than ours!
The snow at our house was really dry so it wasn't very good for making a snowman. This is Michael's second attempt at building one. The first one ended up looking like the glass Mrs. Butterworth jar and Owen karate chopped it's head off. He left this one alone though.
I kept trying to get Owen to eat snow, but he would just say, "Noooo", but once I told him it was ice he was hooked!


1 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

How on earth were you guys able to even get out of the neighborhood! I couldn't get out of mine and I still can't. I tried for the umteenth time this morning ebcause I desperately wanted to get out and do something, but my car got stuck in the middle of the street. I had to do a reverse to get back into my driveway. Yet here you are... Orting and Lacey and all that! Is it because of the van?