Friday, November 26, 2010

New Craft Area!

On Tuesday since MOPS was canceled we stayed home and I did a bunch of laundry and some baking. I also decided the area in our dining room that is my craft corner was just a mess and I couldn't take it anymore. My craft area is supposed to be up in the office, but that's just too close to the kids while they nap and I don't want to accidentally wake them up while I'm working. So a while back we moved my craft table down to the dining room. I wish I had a before picture, but the table was turned the other way and was more in front of the fireplace and the little dresser was under the window (behind the table).


My brother gave me the two (black and pine colored) cubbies a few months ago and now they are being put to good use. Before all my craft stuff was in 2 bigger storage containers and 3 smaller ones. I still have two smaller ones holding all my solid colored paper...they are hiding under the table. I was able to fit all my stamps sets in the dresser. At first I thought Michael wasn't going to be keen with the dresser being up on the hearth of the fireplace, but he didn't care at all. It's not the most esthetically pleasing thing, but it's works for what I need right now and we never use the fireplace.



I got this idea from my friend Lori when she came over about a month ago to make cards with me. She had a dowel rod with all her ribbon in it. Michael didn't have a dowel rod, but then I remembered I had some cute decorations in the playroom that would work. It's a cute, decorative and functional way to keep your ribbon handy.

Later on that night I decided to actually work at my craft desk and it was SO nice. Before when it was unorganized this table was just stacks and stacks of stuff so I would just move everything I needed for the particular project I was working on over to the dining room table. That was after I made sure there wasn't anything sticky on the table that was going to mess up my project. Now I don't have to worry about sticky things. The only thing I ended up adding while I was working there for the first time was a lamp. It was really quite dark in this corner...so I took a lamp that I had in Ella's room, but never used and it worked perfectly to light up this little crafty corner!

1 comments:

Micah and Kim Storer said...

Your corner looks great! It is easier to be creative when everything is organized and at your fingertips. :)