Monday, December 31, 2012

Potty Training!

 
 
On Saturday before Christmas I woke up and decided it was time to potty train Ella. We had tired before, but nothing serious...this time I was determined. Ella had only gone potty in the potty chair once before and that was after sitting on the potty for about an hour. I was bound and determined to get her to go. I knew that once she went a couple times she would get it. Another reason I wanted to train her right now is because right now we are on break from everything, school, MOPS, Taekwondo and watching Logan. I knew it would be a great time for me to focus on her. Right off the bat I took Ella to the bathroom with me and wanted her to sit on her potty while I went. I also asked her to listen to me going potty. She still didn't want to try, but then when I was finished I started praising myself. "Mommy went pee pee in the potty....mommy went pee pee in the potty and now I get a sticker!" I clapped and did a little dance and then I got myself a piece of paper and wrote 'Mommy's Potty Chart' on it and I picked out a sticker. I also put a chart up for Ella and that's when she said, "I want a sticker!" Then she put pee pee in the potty!
 
One week later and she's doing great! We still have to ask her and she never says yes, but I know that if I tell her to go potty and she doesn't argue than she's got to go. She still has accidents, but she's also really good at holding it for a long time. I'm so proud of my big girl!!

0 comments: