Monday, March 25, 2013

A Day At The Zoo!!

 On Thursday the kids and I headed to the Point Defiance Zoo to spend the morning with my friend Stephanie and her daughter Kodi.


Since Wednesday was so yucky out we weren't even sure if we were going to go to the zoo, but Thursday's weather report looked promising so we decided to risk it. When I was getting the kids out of the van it was quite windy, but once we got down into the zoo it wasn't so bad. 


We got to the zoo around 9:45 and for the first hour it was like we had the whole zoo to ourselves. It was great! Plus since the sun was out all the animals were soaking up the rays. 
 

Owen was trying to speak to the arctic fox. 


At the Polar Bear exhibit I had the kids growl like bears! 
 

Close up shot of the growlers! 
 

It was so nice of Steph and Kodi to invite us to come along as guests! Once we were ready to break for lunch Steph and Kodi headed home.


Zeke had been holding out on falling asleep, but once we stopped for lunch he was out!



Logan was like, "Hey enough pictures...I'm eating my sandwich!"


 And what do you do after lunch at a zoo....roll down the nearest hill of course! 


 Next stop was the aquarium where the boys pretended to be dead in the sharks mouth! 


After our only potty break it was time to go let the kids run and play. 
 

During the potty break Zeke woke up so while the kids were playing I fed him his baby food.
 

 Jack conquered the hippo!


Later alligator! 
 

After I was done taking pictures of the kids sitting on the alligator Owen just let Zeke fell straight to the ground...thankfully he wasn't hurt! 
 

He was quite ticked though on the way to the van. That walk up to the parking lot was rough since I was carrying him and pushing the girls in the stroller. I pretty much felt like doing this as well, but you know at least one of us had to keep it together! 

When we got to the van I went to change Zeke's diaper and realized why he was so ticked...he leaked everywhere! Then to top it off  it was super windy in the parking lot so Zeke was super mad about being changed since he was so cold. Then we had a little visitor! 


Seriously this is NOT zoomed! Mr. Peacock was really interested in us and I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that we had food in the van. 
 

I even talked to Mr. Peacock and told him we weren't sharing our food. He was deterred. After trying to shoo him and having the kids growl and all sorts of things I figured out the best way to get him to leave us alone...


Take pictures of him! Worked like a charm....after three pictures he was out of there!

0 comments: