Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jello Blocks!

 The irony of this post coming right after the post about staying away from dyes and unnatural food is not lost on me. It's quite hilarious actually! Remember I did say that we were going to still let our kids be kids. My mom was given a kids cook book and this was one of the recipes and I happened to have the ingredients so I thought it would be a fun activity with the kids. 


First we got all the ingredients and the utensils we'd need. 



I let the boys pour in the Jello....we used one big box of Lemon and one big box of Lime. 
 

Then I added the hot water and stirred, stirred, stirred! 
 

Ella Bean got to add the white grape juice. 
 

Then we put it in the pan and the waiting began! 
 

Later in the afternoon they were ready to eat.
 

I used cookie cutters so the kids could have fun shapes. Jack chose a rabbit. 
 

Ella chose a baby foot. Owen chose a bell, but by the time I went to take his picture he had mutilated it! Jack and Ella LOVED them. Owen on the other hand wanted to love them, but he still struggles with texture issues and these definitely have a funny texture.

0 comments: