Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rolling Over

On May 18th Owen rolled over for the first time. He rolled from his tummy to his back. At first I was kind of in shock. He really hadn't tried to roll over before. He's never been a fan of tummy time so it's not like we had given him much opportunity to try. This last week or so we really started being more diligent at giving him tummy time. After changing his diaper I thought I would give him some tummy time and then before I knew it he was on his back. I only really caught it out of the corner of my eye because I was getting some baby wipes from his diaper bag. Of course I called Michael and told him the good news. Later that night we gave him more tummy time and he rolled over two more times, once to the left and once to the right. It's so cute how he does it. He lifts himself up on his tummy so his head and upper chest are in the air and so are his legs. Then he turns his head over and lets the weight of his head flip him over. Now I don't think Owen will spend much time on his tummy because he knows he can get out of it.

0 comments: