Wednesday, May 2, 2007

So proud!!

This is Grandma Grant and if you've been reading this blog for a while now you might notice something missing in this picture. Try over a 100 pounds!!! Last year after exhaustive research my Mom made the huge life altering decision to have gastric bypass surgery. She has real excelled with it. Don't think it's been easy. There is a lot of determination involved. There are bunch of thing Mom can't eat anymore or she'll get really sick. The thing that I find amazing is that Owen will never know his Grandma as fat. He will only know Grandma as she is now. Owen will never look at Grandma going up the stairs without huffing and puffing and think twice about it because he will always know her to be able to do that just fine. The only way he will know that she used to look different is by seeing pictures and hearing stories like, I remember when Grandma wouldn't have been able to do that. I do remember though and looking back at pictures of Mom when she was heavier I was never not once ashamed of her, but I can tell you now I'm so happy that she is healthier and I'm so very proud of her for all that she has accomplished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, This touched me so much!! Thank you for the kind words and you have always been in my corner in whatever I have had to endure..Thank you for your support and LOVE!!!
I am so happy to be a "skinny" Grandma for Owen..

Anonymous said...

*jaw drops to the floor* my gosh, If I bumped into her in the street, I would never have recognized Grandma Grant!! She has always been a beautiful woman. It's just that all those layers are off now and you can really see it more!

Nicole