Monday, May 14, 2007

Teething!

Yes you read that right, Owen is teething...already! I don't know if 4 months old is early or not, but it sure seems early to me. I was hoping he'd hold off until 6 months. No such luck! I noticed he was drooling a little more before we left on vacation, but my mom always told me it was a different kind of drool when babies teeth, more stringy. Once we got to Wyoming I noticed he was gnawing on his pacifier more than sucking and that's when we realized it's started. We ended up going to Walmart and getting him a teething ring, some toy keys and Baby Orajel. He's been gnawing away at everything, his fist, blankets, his bib, wash clothes, teething rings and my fingers. He slept through the night everyday we were on vacation, but the two nights we've been home he's been waking up more. I've been giving him the nighttime formula Orajel, but it worries me because they say it can actually numb a baby's gag reflex and they can choke. One of the times he woke up last night I think was because he was coughing trying not to choke on all that extra saliva. Poor baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teething? 4 months is kind of early, but I've also heard of babies born with teeth, so I guess it depends on the baby. Has he bit you yet? OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole

Lyndsay said...

He doesn't actually have any teeth showing yet and no he hasn't bit me....(cross my fingers)!