Friday, January 29, 2010

Ella's Handmade Clothes & Blankets

I'm planning on posting pictures from my showers later. I didn't take that many pictures so I'm waiting to see if anyone else did. So instead I thought I'd post pictures of all the beautiful handmade clothes and blankets that Ella received.
This dress and petticoat was made by my Aunt Jan. There isn't a pattern for this dress. She designed it back when her first grand-daughter was born. This is an original. I love it!

Here's a picture of the dress without the petticoat. There is also a matching hat, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

My Grandma also made a bunch of stuff for Ella. This dress is so cute. The buttons are ladybugs!!!



My Grandma also made these cute decorations for Ella's room. The bears hat even has cute little holes for the ears stick through. These are sitting on her hutch in her room.


Both my Aunt and my Grandma also made Ella's blankets. My Aunts is on the left and my Grandma's is on the right.


I decided to keep myself busy after I finished Ella's cross-stitch (as finished as it could be...I still need to add her name, birth date and weight) so I made this blanket. I started with a little pink yarn I had on hand thinking I could find the same color at Joann's, but no such luck. I thought it was the same, but now that I laid it out I can see that the one of the pink stripes on the end is just a shade different than the other ones. Oh well! I still love it!

2 comments:

Melody said...

What precious hand made things! They are adorable!

Unknown said...

My brother and his wife are now almost a week overdue on their first child. My question to you is what would make a good gift for a brand new mom? I was planning on bringing some food so they don't have to cook, but is there anything else that new parents would particularly want?