Monday, January 18, 2010

Owen's 3rd Birthday Party

We had Owen's 3rd Birthday party at our house yesterday. We had been telling Owen about it for a while and every time we said something he would just say he wanted to eat "pie cake" or open presents. Being the "Suzy Homemaker" that I try to be here's is his homemade Cars cake.
He already had McQueen and Mac, but the other Cars were his presents from us. The cake actually wasn't as hard to make as I thought it would be. It was super yummy too! It was french vanilla with strawberry glaze in the middle and cream cheese frosting. It was my first time putting a filling in the center and I'm so happy it turned out good.

He waited to blow out his candle until the end...he loves that part!


I cut out one of the '3' on the side for him to eat. Owen's not really cake fan...he's more of a frosting fan. There was frosting everywhere.

Cars are so much better with frosting on the bottom of them. Yummy!


This little guy loves to drive! I couldn't find a tablecloth I liked so my mom thought it would be a good idea to use the top sheet from the Cars sheet set she got Owen. She's a clever lady!


Present time...Owen was all over the place during this time. It was quite overwhelming. He went from one to another. My Dad actually took this picture and my mouth flew open when I saw how I was sitting. I didn't know I could still sit like that being as big as I am.


Owen got lots of great presents, Mr. Potato Head, Leap Frog Word Builder, Puzzles, Cars, Veggie Tale movies and this super cool laptop he calls his "puter".


Then the BIG present came out. Hmm....I wonder what could be under the Cars bedspread?


I present to you...

THE HAPPIEST 3 YEAR OLD ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!!!

Ga-Ga and Pa sure do know how to please a Car fanatic. Owen and all the other kids had so much fun riding around in the garage the rest of the night. At one point Owen even ran over Jack and he flew up on the windshield and said, "Jack get down!" I think we are going to have some driver training lessons in our future!


Everyone who came to the party, minus Kim and Andy...thank you for making Owen's birthday so special!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Looks like he had an AWESOME birthday!!!!