Friday, May 10, 2013

Bye Bye Trees!

Remember back when we had the ice storm we had last year? Well it was finally time for the 3 trees that didn't make it to officially be pulled out! Our neighbor Lance was kind enough to let us borrow his truck and chain to yank the trunks out. 


Michael hooked up the first one fully prepared that it would just come right out.



I only stuck around for a little bit because I had a meeting to go to at church, but when I had left he had burned rubber a few times and it was freaking me out! 

When I got home from the meeting he took the truck back to Lance and said he couldn't get them out. I think Lance took that as a challenge and he wasn't going to let the trunks win! Also he's a bit more inclined to wreck his truck than we are! :)



So with the guys working together and Lance at the wheel...those trunks didn't stand a chance! 


First one out!


Did you know that truck trunk pulling is a spectator sport??? 


Onto the second trunk....


It's a goner! 

Then I had to go feed Zeke so I didn't see the last tree come out. Also Michael decided he wanted to remove the rhododendron we had up by the house. He's going to put down some pavers and then build a privacy fence and put the garbage and recycle cans there. 


The only sad part about us tearing it right now is all the tulips were just blooming so they got a bit of a jolt...oops! We do have plans for the bed area....we are going to bring in about 3 yards of topsoil and then I'm wanting to plant an apricot tree and probably some pumpkins. Not sure if that will happen this year though!

0 comments: