Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Choices We Make - Cleaning!

Onto the next subject....cleaning!

Not that exciting I know, but still there are serious issues with the way our country is bombarded with all these chemical filled, easy to use, disposable cleaning products.

You probably already have the best thing for cleaning in your house and might not even know it - Vinegar! Vinegar is an anti-bacterial product. It cleans, it's shines and takes away nasty smells. You know that Jet Dry stuff you put in your dishwasher...just put vinegar in there instead and it works great! Plus it's WAY cheaper!
 
Michael just recently researched online for a homemade floor cleaner...it consists of vinegar, dish soap, rubbing alcohol and olive oil. It's awesome stuff.
 
Last year I was introduced to Norwex products and now my friend Starr sells them. They are all about chemical free, natural products. I LOVE them! If you haven't been introduced to Norwex yet you are missing out. I love my cloths and the fact that I can clean with just water! No fumes, no residue, no worries!
 
I'm going to have a Norwex party at my house in July and I'm hoping that a bunch of people will show up. It really is one of those things you have to see and then you will wonder why you didn't know about it sooner. There are so many everyday things that we are using in our homes that are so harmful to us. Things like fabric softeners, window cleaners, dryer sheets all of those are bad!!!
 
So how do you feel about cleaning products? Have you ever thought about how they could effect your health? What natural cleaning methods do you use?

1 comments:

Melody said...

Yes! Totally agree! When I clean, which is...ahem...not that often as of late...I only use baking soda and vinegar. Long ago I used to clean with traditional cleaners, but the I could feel the chemicals getting into my lungs and it actually made it hard for me to breathe. I'm too cheap to buy natural cleaners, but I find that baking soda and vinegar get the job done just fine : )