Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let's Take A Dip!

The kids finally talked me into putting the pool for the first time a couple weeks ago. The weather hadn't necessarily been HOT yet, but the kids were dying to go in the water.
 
 
Thankfully the pool is easy to inflate with the car compressor. It took probably 10 minutes to fully inflate it. Add water and...
 
 
I had some excited kids on my hands!
 
 
Owen doing some funky dance!
 
 
Testing the waters!
 
 
Happy Girl! Since the weather hadn't been nice I didn't have Logan's swimsuit so she just used one of Zeke's Little Swimmers.
 
 
While the kids were swimming I set up the towels in the sun so they'd be nice and warm for them. I also put out my blanket so I could lay down and soak up some rays. I told the kids that the area with the towels needed to stay dry. Of course within 5 minutes I caught Owen splashing water at Jack while he was laying on his towel! That's when Owen got put in the "penalty box" aka his towel. He had to sit there for 5 minutes not getting to play. That happened twice!
 
 
Jack spent most of his time running back and forth from the pool to his towel....he towel was soaking wet!
 
 
When Zeke woke up I put water in the water table for him to play with.
 
 
Owen is great at photo bombs!
 
 
Once the kids got more used to the freezing your toes off water they started splashing and run and doing all sorts of tricks in the water.
 
 
Using the inflatable sizes to help with your cool water tricks is a must!
 
 
Bouncy...bouncy...bounce!
 
 
Ella was trying to get out of the pool, but then slipped and feel in! It was funny!
 
 
Cute baby boy was soaked from his play time! You might notice the red spots on the back of his legs. Well he finally had his appointment with the dermatologist and Zeke has officially been diagnosed with eczema. The doctor prescribed two different steroid creams...one for his face and diaper area and then another for his arms and legs. We also rub him down with Eucerin moisturizing cream....the kind in the tub not the pump. It's good stuff! His skin already looks gorgeous now!
 
 
See his sweet red cheeks...so glad his skin is healing now. Hate seeing my baby suffer!
 
Of course a few days after we put the pool up we had a week of rain! We drained the pool and set it up by the house so it wouldn't kill the grass. I'm sure it will get lots more use this summer though!

0 comments: