Thursday, August 29, 2013

Crafty Mood!

Pinterest strikes again!
 
Since decided to send Owen to school I've been thinking about 1st day of school pictures. I've seen so many cute ideas and I want to do quite a few of them. Then I saw this cute idea of taking a big shirt and putting the kids in it every year on their first day to see them grow into the shirt. I got a 3 pack of white shirts at Wal-Mart and got to work.
 
First I ironed on some of my Stampin' Up Fabric Adhesive to some black fabric. Then I cut the fabric out using my Big Shot.
 
 
 
Since Owen is more straight laced I just went with the simple classic look.
 
 
Since Jack is wilder I decided to use the cut out boxes for his. I love this look.
 
 
My friend Angie gave me this plain red shirt so I used this one for Ella. I wanted hers to look more feminine so I angled the letters to give them the rounded look.
 
I still have another white shirt so I could make Zeke's, but just thinking about that makes me a little ill! First off he's my baby and second off he'll graduate in 2030! I'll be 50! Let's not go there yet!
 
 
My next project involved sewing. I hadn't sewed in a while and I was itching to. At Casper Babypants my friend Kim packed her families lunches in reusable baggies. She's made me one...with laminated cotton so you can wipe them out or put them in the dishwasher. I didn't have any laminated cotton, but I figured I would make some for dry goods and then if they get dirty they can just be thrown in the wash. I had this shirt that I tried to iron on our churches summer kids program logo onto it...yeah didn't work so I knew I could use it for another project.
 
 
I also had all this cute Stampin' Up fabric.
 
 
I cut out the fabric and the t-shirt and pinned them right sides together. Then stitched them up and made a reusable bag.
 
 
They were super easy...no Velcro just a flap that folds over.
 
 
Cute fabric with cute coordinating lining!
 
 
I ended up making 2 bigger sizes and 6 snack sizes. I still want to order some laminated cotton so we'll have bags to use for sandwiches or anything that could get messy. It will be nice to not use so many Ziploc bags. I also might make some more for gifts....they are so cute and so easy!

0 comments: