Friday, August 30, 2013

Bye Bye Stained Cushions!

About 2 years ago I recovered our dining room chairs...let me rephrase that I recovered 4 of our 6 chairs...I never got around to recovering the captain chairs. Since then kids have struck again and they are awful. Since I started using Norwex the chairs have looked better. They clean up so nice! But that still doesn't keep kids from being kids. They are always spilling or wiping something on the cushions.
 
 
Really it was silly of me to covered them with just normal fabric. Then someone...seriously I can't remember who suggested that I recovered them with pleather or something that could be wiped off. Genius!
 
So the other day my Mom and Dad came over and Mom took me to Joann's so I could choose the fabric for my chairs. Mom bought me 2 yards of this burgundy vinyl. It matches our accent wall and curtains in our dining room perfectly.
 
 
The best part about recovering the chairs this time around is that Michael and I did them together. We work so well as a team. I cut the vinyl, he unscrewed the cushions. He stretched the vinyl and I stapled, he screwed the cushions back on and I wiped all the yucky stuff off the chairs. Great team work!
 
 
The first night we only recovered 2 chairs and the next time we finished the other 4. They feel so nice and clean and I'm so happy thinking that the next time Ella spills her milk all over her chair it's not going to be a big deal...at least for the cushions! :)
 
Thanks Mom!!!

0 comments: