Sunday, June 19, 2011

Recovering!

For the two years I have made a Wish List for the year of things I would like to get either for myself or for the house. Last year I actually got everything on the list through garage sales, gift cards or just plain gifts. So I decided to write up one for this year and I had gotten a few things on it and then I wanted to revise it since it looked messy. This last week I was able to cross one of things off the new revised list....fabric for recovering my dining room chairs.


We've had the dining set for over 5 years and since having kids they have gotten trashed. The color is so light that anything shows up on them. Michael has tried to clean them, but then this nasty water ring is left behind so it looks even worse. The pictures don't really show you how nasty they are. In person they are so gross!


Ewww!!!


I decided to use some money that I got back from a company I complained to about their product not working and since Joann's was having a super awesome sale - 60% I didn't spend a dime. The fabric would have cost me almost $80, but it only cost me just over $30!!!  


The day after I decided to recover two chairs while Ella and Logan were napping. Of course I forgot to take the fabric out of the bag when I got home so it got all wrinkled! Oops!

Ta Da! I've only done 2 chairs so far, but will be doing the other 4 soon. I want to buy some scotch guard and spray them in hopes of it helping them stay nicer longer!

1 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! That looks great! I love making something new out of somthing old : - )