Monday, June 6, 2011

Garden!

This year I'm hoping our garden does better than last year.


Since Michael had a side job we got ourselves a raspberry bush.


I planted peppers, zucchini and cucumber seeds, but none of them came up so when I was at Fred Meyer's I got small plants at a really good deal. The zucchini and cucumbers are in the picture above and the peppers are in the picture below.


We planted sugar snap peas from seeds and those always come up...in fact even though last year was a really bad year for planting we still had peas. This year I'm hoping we can get two harvests.


The best thing in our garden right now is our strawberry plants. We are literally going to have hundreds of strawberries....yummy!


Our friend's Micah and Kim bought us a blueberry bush after Kyan died and we bought another one since you needed a different type in order to actually get berries. I know the boys are going to love coming out and picking berries off...they love blueberries!


We also have two tomato plants, but they aren't doing too well. The leaves on the bottom branches have turned yellow so we took them off. We do have one little tomato growing on one of the plants so I hope they aren't goners. We seem to have a really hard time with tomato plants for some reason.

0 comments: