Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FlyLady - Day 18

Day 18 - Read FlyLady's Eleven Commandments!

If you'd like to read the Eleven Commandments...click here! I'm trying not to put too many FlyLady quotes on my blog since it is copyrighted. Right now I am struggling with #6...I just want to do all the decluttering NOW! This 15 minutes a day is killing me! I want to just keep decluttering and organizing. I could seriously do that all day...but then the kids come in the kitchen and let me know they need to eat so that stops that! Speaking of kitchen....yesterday I decided to declutter the outside of my frig. Jack got these cool artwork frames from Aunt Michelle and I wanted to put them up. They are so cool! I let Jack pick the color that he wanted and then Owen got the other color for his artwork. Jack picked blue!


After this I got that bug in me to keep going and 3 of the 4 kids were napping and Owen was busy watching The Lion King 2 so I thought why not! I have really wanted to move my spices out of my pantry since they were always falling over and I finally had the opportunity since I had decluttered one of my cupboards on Saturday while I was baking Jack's cake. After moving the spices around I remember the fact that we had this over the door shoe rack that I used when Owen's nursery was in what is the office now. We only have two possible doors that the shoe rack can go over since all the other closet doors are bi-fold doors. So I decided to copy my friend Jen (the one who introduced me to FlyLady) and I put the shoe rack in my pantry.


Ta da! I love it! I took all the Carnation Instant Breakfast out of it's box and put it in there. As well as all my food coloring and icing stuff. There is also chocolate chips, nuts, rice and bean and sauce packages in there. All things that don't really stack well on a shelf and end up either falling over or taking up a bunch of space. So functional!

This gets me curious is there any product that you've bought for another purpose that you now use in an unconventional way???

0 comments: