Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy UnAnniversary!

On Thursday night I surprised Michael with a Date Night to make up for my lack of celebration on our 12th Anniversary back in May. My parents showed up to watch the kids and I told Michael to change out of his work clothes because we were going out!


Our first stop was The Melting Pot in Tacoma. My friend Steph told me about their Happy Hour specials. Traffic was bad, but we got there with a half an hour to spare. YAY!


Everything is half off so we got Cheese & Chocolate Fondue for $8 each and then we shared a salad for $4. With tax and tip dinner was only $25!


After dinner we headed over to The Museum of Glass...they have a free night every month on the 3rd Thursday. We did have to pay for parking, but that was only $3! Date night under $30 is pretty awesome!


First we went to the galleries and visited those. The kids galleries were pretty cute. Then we headed over to The Hot Shop to watch them making art. This was so cool...or hot! I could literally sit in there for hours and watch them. That night they were making a whale being attacked by a squid. It was so awesome!



We only had an hour to visit the Museum since my parents were watching the kids and they had to work the next day so we left at 8 and headed home. It was so nice to get out during the week and have a special night with my sweet man!

0 comments: