Sunday, June 5, 2011

FlyLady - Day 9

Day 9 - Declutter A Few Minutes At A Time

So Friday was a super busy day and I completely forgot to check the FlyLady website to see what Day 9 entailed...oops! So even though I was in a super grumpy mood on Saturday I still did my FlyLady stuff.

FlyLady has a whole tutorial on How To Declutter.

It's a really good basic description of how to get rid of stuff that has been collecting in your house. It reminds me of that show Clean Sweep that was on TLC....not sure if it is anymore, we don't have cable! Anyways bascially you need to have 3 boxes - throw away, give away and put away!

Since we are taking baby steps FlyLady just wanted me to add a 5 minute room rescue to my morning routine. So yesterday morning I didn't have much time (remember Jack's pictures) so I rescued the dining room from the clutter that had accumulated in there. Pretty simple and easy...I know it will be harder and more time consuming once I actually start opening drawers in other rooms that might not have been opened in a while.

My hope from this decluttering aspect of the process is to finally have a spot in the house to put gifts for others. I have a few things lingering around my house that I have accumulated as gifts, by finding new things at garage sales, or winning a prize and not opening it because I don't need it and thinking...this would be a good gift. I need a place for these things and I'm looking forward to having that.

0 comments: