Monday, June 6, 2011

FlyLady - Day 10

Day 10 - You Can Do Anything In 15 Minutes!

FlyLady is all about using your timer and realizing you can do anything in a small amount of time. So far I've been tackling the Hot Spots in the house 2 minutes at a time and I've been doing a Room Rescue in 5 minutes....so it was time to do anything and go up to 15!

She also is trying to teach that instead of putting things off, if you just get to it and get it done there will be more time for play later. So true! This is something that Michael and I differ in. I'm all about getting the work done first and then play later. He likes to play as long as he can and then get the work done right before it's due. He used to do this all time when we were first married and then he'd lose track of time playing on the computer and then have to rush off to work and not have enough time to put the trash can out at the curb....needless to say there were some fights about that!

So yesterday FlyLady wanted me to set my timer and go around the house and pick up random trash that is laying around the house. Well...I didn't have any trash just laying around so I used my 15 minutes to go around the whole house and pick up random things that weren't supposed to be in that room and take it to the room or place where it was supposed to be. After I did that I still had time left so I used it to Swish and Swipe the upstairs hall bathroom. I Swish & Swipe the master bathroom every morning. The half bath on our first floor gets Swished & Swiped on Wednesday's and Saturday's, but I haven't set up a schedule for the hall bath upstairs since it doesn't really get used all that often. After that I still had some time so I started to clean off the top of a cabinet we have in our office. I was almost finished and the timer went off.

FlyLady is all about giving yourself 'Me' time after you tackle something for 15 minutes so after I finished I sat down to read a book for 15 minutes of rest time. Although it turned into longer than 15 minutes since I use my cellphone as my timer and I started at 11:51AM and I changed my timer to read 12:06AM....oops! I kept reading thinking...WOW this is the longest 15 minutes ever! Then it dawned on me to check my phone and it was 12:16PM. Such a blonde moment!!!

0 comments: