Friday, June 10, 2011

FlyLady - Day 14

Day 14 - Read An Essay That Kelly Wrote!

Today I read about the advantages of using a calendar...not that I didn't already know that, but FlyLady also has another free service called Cozi Calendar that helps you keep all your appointments for your whole family in one place. You can even use it on your phone if you have one of those fancy phones...which I do not! I still haven't really looked into the Cozi Calendar that much, but I think that will be one of the next things I do.

Just to recap (mainly for myself) what I do everyday so far here is a list of both my Morning Routine and my Bedtime Routine.

Morning Routine:

Make The Bed (This is literally the first thing I do after shutting the alarm off)
Shower/Get Dressed To Lace Up Shoes
Swish & Swipe
Computer Time
Put A Load In The Washing Machine
Get Kids Up
Breakfast
Do Dishes
Move Clothes to Dryer
Get Kids Dressed & Teeth Brushed
Hot Spots 2 Minutes (Sometimes I do don't have to do this)
Room Rescue 5 Minutes
Declutter 15 Minutes (Today I went through the dresser in my dining room and now I have a whole drawer that's empty)
Fold & Hang Up Laundry
What's My Mission For The Day?

I know that looks like a lot, but the first 5 are done before the kids are even up and sometimes I do the Hot Spots, Room Rescue and Declutter before I get them up. It just depends on the day.

Bedtime Routine:

Dishes & Shine My Sink
Set Out Clean Towels
Pick Up The House (No more than 20 mins)
Brush & Whiten Teeth

So there you have it....this is what I'm up to so far and most of it I do without even having to check my Control Journal. It's getting to be more and more of a routine. One thing that I've noticed the last couple mornings when I'm Swishing & Swiping is that it's getting faster to do. Plus since I'm cleaning the mirror, sink and toilet everyday they aren't nearly as dirty. So I've been branching out a bit more and noticing things that might need wiped down...a picture frame, switch plate or baseboard heater. All things that are close to the sink so I'm not really going very far, but heck if I have a paper towel with Windex on it I might as well use it!

0 comments: