Friday, September 9, 2022

Maui Trip 2022 - Day 2

We got up and had breakfast at the condo and then headed over to hang out with Michael's cousins Michael and Robin. They have a timeshare at The Sands of Kahana which was only 1.8 miles north of where we were. One of the things I actually like about our resort is it doesn't have a beach....there's a sea wall and I honestly like that since all beaches are public in Maui. People don't really come over to our resort since there isn't a beach to use. It definitely makes it much more private. 

When planning this trip I was talking to Robin about wanting to rent a paddle board or a kayak. I was looking into some tours kind of like we did in 2019 with the snorkel/kayak tour. The one I was looking at was going to cost $140 per person. Robin then told me that they have a guy that rents them out right on their beach. There are definite pluses to having a beach in front of your resort! 


The little shack rental place there at The Sands of Kahana had this great deal where you were able to rent 2 things at a time.....kayak and a beach chair, paddle board and snorkel gear, boogie board and a cooler in any combination that you wanted. Except you couldn't get both a kayak & a paddle board at the same time. A one day rental was $50, but for a 4 day rental it was only $99! It was a no brainer! Michael and Robin did a rental and so did we so we ended up being able to rent 4 things everyday. The nice thing is you could switch them out during the day if you wanted. Don't want to snorkel anymore...fine go get a kayak. It was really awesome! 



Here's the view right off their beach! 




The first thing I wanted to do is paddle board. I've only done it once and it was on a lake. I was a bit worried about doing it on the ocean, but the waves seemed calm enough so I was sure I could manage. 



Looking back at The Sands of Kahana....there room was on the left right behind that palm tree! 



The Michael's were just chilling out in the water! 



I had fun....I only fell over once and I just landed on the board and didn't go in the water. 



While I was out there I noticed a nice size turtle and I got to paddle near him. 



That was the only time I saw a turtle off their beach. 

The current is pretty strong out there so coming back was a bit tiring...especially on my right arm. Since the wind was blowing south you can't really get a break by using your other arm. 



Time to chill on the beach! 



Michael really wanted to snorkel....he was out there for quite awhile! When he came in I was hungry so he got us a BLT with fries at the restaurant that's right there on the beach. That was a really nice advantage for us during this trip. Since there was a restaurant there we didn't have to park any of the times we came to hang out with Michael & Robin. 



Michael and Robin got the kayak which Michael and I got to use later in the day too. The waves were pretty choppy at that point though, but it was loads of fun. The waves were so high the front of the kayak would crash down and splash water all over me. It's was like a rollercoaster on the water. The rental guy didn't feel safe about the conditions so he called us in early. 



The view from Michael & Robin's room.




Paradise! 



Michael and Robin's son Ryan was also along for the trip...he's in the Whiskey shirt and his firehouse buddy Ben came too. They are such great guys! Robin taught me and Michael how to play Kings in the Corner and we also had lots of fun playing Five Crowns! 

At some point in the afternoon we headed back to our condo to shower, get changed and have a bit of chill time before we headed back over for dinner and the sunset! 



I was not gonna miss that sunset! 



The two Michael's went to the grocery store and picked up all the fixings for us to have a BBQ at their condo that night. It was really yummy BBQ Chicken, roasted veggies and we brought our Caesar Salad kit to share. 



It's just breathtaking! 



While the two Michael's were grilling us ladies and the two younger guys had fun playing cards and listening to music!



It's just the best! 



This lady right here is just my favorite! I know you're not supposed to have favorites in your family, but sorry not sorry she is mine! :) 



Already got some good sun from our first day! 



I think I'm going to have to print out some new pictures for our gallery wall in our bedroom. The problem will be narrowing it down to which ones. I think this is a strong contender though! 

0 comments: