Saturday, September 10, 2022

Maui Trip 2022 - Day 3


Friday morning after eating some breakfast we started the day off by sitting out on the lanai reading our books. 




I had specifically saved the latest book in the Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan....it's the 15th book in the series. 



Later on in the morning we headed back over to The Sands of Kahana. We decided to sit under the shade of a tree instead of out in the sun. You can see Michael's knees got torched. He even sprayed them with sunscreen! 



I had gotten a bit of a sunburn on my forearms so to help that not get worse I wore my rash guard. 


Michael went back in the water to do some more snorkeling and I floated in the water on an intertube. I got really close to a seal and actually got freaked out by how close I was. Later on when I was out a ways from shore I heard someone on the beach say, "There's a fin....there's a shark in the water!" This was right after cousin Michael said....hmmm seals are sharks favorite food! So of course this freaked me out and I was just trying to kick back to shore all while praying that I wouldn't get my leg bit off. Of course it probably wasn't even a shark...or if it was it was so small it wasn't going to hurt anyone. 

Sharks were something I asked the owner of the shack about when we rented the gear and he said in all the time he's worked there he's never had an issue with sharks off the beach at The Sands of Kahana. That was reassuring, but still when someone says "Shark" when you're out in the water you swim back to shore pretty quickly! 


Once Michael was finished snorkeling we decided to take a little walk down the beach toward some of the other resorts near there! 



Always a good time when I'm with my man! 




The resorts just to the north of The Sands of Kahana have had some beach erosion. They have huge sandbags piled up providing some protection from the waves. 





After our fun morning hanging out at the beach, I was done with having sand in all sorts of places so back to our resort we went to get cleaned up. We were also a bit hungry! Michael was really craving fish tacos so he searched for them online. The Cliff Dive Bar at the Sheridan came up as a place to get yummy ones so we headed out there to get some grub! 



The bar is right down on the beach and we got a nice hightop table overlooking everything....including the hotels lazy river! 




Sweet handsome man! 

He enjoyed his fish tacos and I had a super yummy club sandwich with fries! 


After that it was back to the condo to get ready for our night out! 


It was actually Michael and Robin's 20th Wedding Anniversary that night! 

We had told them all about Warren & Annabella's and they said they were up for going with us. I chose this night not knowing it was their actual anniversary. It was such fun way to celebrate! 




Warren & Annabella's Magic Show baby!!! 

When we first made the reservations you still had to have a negative Covid test prior to being able to come, but thankfully that was all over and done by now! Yahoo! 




These is my people! 




We got the table that was right outside the elevator. At first I was a little bummed, but it was all good. 



Cheers to a great night filled with lots of laughs! 

We all got the Royal Flush package which just means you pay in advance for your food and drinks. We all got our own sampler platter. I liked everything on it except the pork tacos...they tasted like tuna fish. We each got 2 drinks. When we checked in they gave us each 2 playing cards...we had to turn those in when we ordered our drinks. When we were ordering our drinks one of the cards fell on the floor and this random guy that was walking by picked it up and then made it disappear. I was like holy cow a magician is attending the magic show. I asked the server taking our order who that was and he said...Oh that's Warren! Are you kidding me....THE Warren as in Warren & Annabella's Warren!! I was fan girl freaking out! 



I don't even know how it happened, but the server must have said something because the next thing we knew Warren was telling us to go over by the piano to get a picture with him. So awesome! I've heard that Warren is the best magician and it is definitely my goal to see him perform one of these times! Such a sweetheart too! 

While we were eating one of the employees came over and asked us if we'd like to be up front and get to participate in the show. Michael and I had told Michael and Robin that that had happened to us the first time we were there and it was so much fun! Robin was not having it though...she was like nope I'm not doing that if they ask. Fast forward to them actually asking and she was like...oh okay! :) 




We were on the very outside seats to the left of the stage. 



Michael and Robin were in the very same seats that we sat in in 2019! 



I was so excited for them. The magic show is awesome and I'm sure it's great from any seat, but there is just something about being that up close and personal and then getting to participate in the show. Great memories for sure! 



So happy we got to share this fun night with them! 




The first magician was new, David Kuraya...he had only been performing that week and then he would be off the rotation for a couple of months. I think they were giving him a shot! I also think that's why Warren was there. He needed to be able to see if his magic was up to snuff. I thought he did great! 

The next magician was someone we saw last time and really liked...John Shryock. The best part of the whole show was when he was talking about how he doesn't rig the show by having people up there that know him and then he looked straight at me and Michael and said..."Have I ever met you before?" We started laughing and said, "Actually, yes...in 2019!" It was so hilarious! 



I know it seems weird to go to Maui of all places and see a magic show, but it is so much more than that. It's truly an experience you won't forget! 



It was such a fun evening and I can't wait to go back the next time we're in Maui! 

0 comments: