Sunday, September 11, 2022

Maui Trip 2022 - Day 4

Day 4 was definitely more of a chill day. I needed a break from my bathing suit and all the sand. We made breakfast and then decided to walk around the grounds of Papakea. 



There are a couple of koi ponds on the property. The one closer to our condo was a big murky...it made it hard to get a clear picture of the fish. 


 

I love all the tropical foliage! 



They must have dozens of koi on the property! 



This was the second koi pond it was much clearer! 




The view from the beach. The island on the left is Lanai and the one straight in front is Molokai. The islands almost always have clouds sitting right over the center of them. 



I love palm trees so much I even love their shadows! 



Gorgeous! 



What is it about the blue sky, puffy clouds, turquoise water and a white sand beach!?!?!



Time to sit in the sun with my book and my favorite chips! 




Michael enjoying his book while he chases around the shadow of a palm tree! 



A little while later we decided to head into Lahaina, have lunch and do some shopping! 



We weren't super hungry so we shared a fish sandwich and a wedge salad at Captain Jack's on Front St. The sandwich was huge...this was only Michael's half. They were nice enough to split everything for us in the kitchen! 

As we walked down front street we popped into some stores and bought a few things. We got Ella this fun tank top. 


Ella and I both love the color turquoise. I was having a hard time finding something for myself and then later on during our trip it just dawned on me that I should buy the exact same tank top as the one we bought Ella. 

We got Michael a fun surf board Maui t-shirt and then we also bought him a Hawaiian shirt that he wore later on during our trip. 




We had to make a stop at Ululani's Shaved Ice! There weren't any tables available near there, but I ran across the street and got a bench right on the boardwalk that had a teeny tiny bit of shade! I got POG...it's my favorite! 



Michael got half mango half strawberry, but the mango ended up being his favorite! 


Later on we headed back over to The Sands of Kahana to hang out with the cousins. When they BBQ'd before my Michael paid for the all the food so they insisted on having us over again and paying for the food this time. We had steaks, roasted veggies and baked potatoes. All the food was super yummy! 



Of course we watched the sunset from their balcony again and even with some clouds it's gorgeous! 



We finally got cousin Michael to play Five Crowns with us. He was hilarious though!!!  Robin, me, Michael and Ben would all play super fast and then it would get to Michael and stall...he was a road block! We had tons of fun laughing together. 



The moon was full during our trip and it was SO incredibly bright. Look at it..it's like a spotlight in the sky! 

0 comments: