Thursday, September 15, 2022

Maui Trip 2022 - Day 8



Our last morning in Maui...we got up and ate breakfast, packed up our suitcases and then headed down to sit at the beach.



 I wanted to soak in the sounds of the ocean and the feel of the sun for as long as I could!  




Lovin' that shade! :) 



The water was crashing up against the wall! 



So pretty! 



Saying goodbye to my palm trees! 




And this view! 

We said goodbye and then headed for the airport. Michael stopped at a gas station and got gas while I got some candy for the plane. We returned the rental car and then walked over to the terminal. The whole process was so streamlined it was fantastic! 




Remember how the Alaska employee said my name was fixed for the return trip as well....well it wasn't! At this point I figured if they let me on the plane with Michael name they weren't going to care if my first name was missing a D in it. That was the absolutely correct....they did not care one bit! The only hiccup we had going through security was we both had water in our water bottles and they said we'd either have to chug them or someone was going to have to go back outside and dump them. We both chugged them! 



On the plane heading home! 



This time around we didn't even pay the money for the wifi....it wasn't worth the hassle. We both just read our books and had a fine time. 

Our flight made great time. We landed at 9:15pm when we weren't supposed to land until 9:57pm. Since we were getting in so late I didn't want Papa & Ruth to come get us. I figured it was about time we take an Uber and see what that was all about. That made it so Papa & Ruth could get the kids all in bed and then head home to rest. I checked out both Lyft and Uber and Uber was less expensive. We followed the signs to the parking garage and waiting about 10 minutes for our driver to show up. Our driver didn't speak much English, but we got home just fine. 

The kids were all in bed and most of them were sleeping, but we couldn't wait to go in and kiss on them. After taking a shower and getting into jammies we came downstairs to get a bite to eat and watch a show. 



That's when I noticed this amazing sand & shell bowl. I figured Ella had made it and later I found out I was right. She had collected shells and asked Papa if they could go to the store and buy a bowl of some sort. They found this one at the Thriftstore and then they stopped at the beach so Ella could get some sand. It turned out so cute and was so fun to see a bit of the beach right inside our house! 

0 comments: