Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's That Time Again!

The other day we decided to get a head start on planting our garden. We had a whole bunch of small pots in the basement that we used to start most of our seeds indoors.

Michael wanted to have the boys help and learn, but mostly they just learned that it's fun to throw dirt on the garage floor.

Here are all our little pots in the kitchen window. These are squash and watermelon.


We didn't have enough pots so I thought I would try using an egg carton as little pots instead. We'll see if they grow! These are filled with tomatoes, peas, cantaloupe, onions and peppers.


We also got outside and worked on weeding the garden and the flower bed.


Owen loves playing with all the garden tools. Jack really did help me...I would pull a weeds and put them in a pile and he would put them in a bucket for me. Love it!

Ella slept!



This is what the flower bed looked like before weeding...clovers were everywhere!


We had this wheelbarrow and 2 other 5 gallon buckets full of weeds when we were done!


I love my flowers! I can't wait to plant the fruits and veggies outside and see them growing.

0 comments: