Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Blazing Onion!

Last week was a tough one for us! So I called up my mom and asked if she could watch the kids for us so Michael and I could get out for a little while. She was more than happy to help out so she came up and went to church with us and then afterwards she kept the kids at our house and Michael and I headed out. Our first stop...The Blazing Onion in Gig Harbor. If you never been to this restaurant you should seriously call in sick tomorrow and go experience the best burger you'll ever have. Before going to lunch today I had only been to the one in Mill Creek, but there are actually 3 locations. I was so happy one of them was closer to us than Mill Creek. The third is located in Snohomish.

This is the Blazing Onion Burger and the onions are really to die for. If they brought out a plate of just onions I would be in heaven.

This was Michael's first time experiencing this restaurant and I've been raving about it for a LONG time. He was not disappointed! Thankfully he didn't think to grab the camera and take a picture of me because I'll tell you...it was not pretty! All decency went out the window...I had sauce everywhere and I'm pretty sure I looked like one of the people on Survivor that shove food in their mouths after not eating anything, but rice for days. Just talking about it makes me want another burger. Seriously call in sick and go get yourself a burger!!!

After lunch we drove back towards home and saw the movie RED at the cheap theater in Federal Way. On Friday we had a flyer hanging on our gate for coupons to the cheap theater. Is it just me or is that hilarious? The cheap theater is already cheap...$2 tickets...so to have coupons seems a bit redundant doesn't it? Not that I'm complaining it just seemed funny! Anyways the movie RED was terrific!! I would highly recommend seeing it...it wasn't a serious action flick it was definitely an action comedy and it really did a great job of helping Michael and I have some laughs. It was a great date with my man! Thanks Mom for watching the kids for us!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

None of those locations is convenient for me. :-( Why are there no good burger joints on the east side?

Have you been to the Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard? I have heard rave reviews about it but the one time I tried to go they were closed - the sign on the door said they were sold out. I've never heard of a restaurant running out of food before.