Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Backyard Campout = Worst Night Sleep EVER!!!

One of the things on my 'To Do' list this summer was to have a backyard camp out with the kids. We had plans to have one in August, but then Owen got really sick so we canceled it. Since September has turned out to be so nice weather wise I figured why not have a do over.


My mom and dad let us borrow their fire pit for the occasion.


I think this is the first time I've ever set up a tent!


The air mattress was a hit with the boys, but Ella was freaked out by it.


Time for a fire! It was actually SO hot on Friday that the fire didn't really feel good at first, but as the sun went down more and more it did feel nice. Owen LOVED the fire...he is our little pyro!


Ella wasn't at the party for long...she hung out in her chair, ate a couple marshmallows and then it was off to bed for her. She slept in her toddler bed and not the tent.


We invited our friends and neighbors from down the street to come hang out with us. Lance and Rachael are really fun to hang out with and they have 2 precious girls, Kendra & Lilyann.


All day the boys had been talking about sitting around the fire and drinking hot cocoa. Seriously it was like 80 degrees outside and we had a fire and were drinking hot cocoa!!!


The boys said they were tired so we headed into the tent around 8:50pm. We were snug in a 3 person tent sleeping...and I say that lightly...on a queen size air mattress. I ended up only making it until 1am and then I headed inside...mainly because I just wanted the guys to have more room so maybe they could sleep better and because it was the second time I woke up to go pee! When Michael and the boys came in around 7:30 he informed me that it was the worse night ever and in his words, "Never again!" Oh well...you win some, you lose some!

0 comments: