Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yar...There Be Treasure!

Yesterday Owen was going through the game cabinet and he came across a "treasure chest"...aka a Whitman Sampler metal tin.


He decided it would be fun to fill it with treasure and hide it for Daddy.


Here it is filled up with "treasure" aka coins from our cash register, a smiling face ring and a dollar bill from Ella's play purse. The boys and I went and buried it and then I wrote up a treasure map with instructions on how to find it.


When we got home from The Y we gave Daddy the map...the boys had been going on and on about how they hid treasure for him and how I told them to not tell Daddy! Silly boys!


Here's the treasure map I made up.



Reading the instructions.



18 steps ye must descend;

turn to the right and go 'round the bend.



Stop at the post ye on the right track; turn so the post is touchin’ ye back.
Look out for the "snake" Daddy!

Now step to the side, but watch ye step; there’s a green “snake” that might make ye fret.

Now stop when ye toes touch the stone, beware there’s treasure right under ye nose.

There be the treasure!!!


Very cool buddy!

The back story to this is we have been on a TV/Computer strike this week. It wasn't something I had planned to do ahead of time, but on Monday I just thought it would be a good idea. Monday was hard! I can't even count how many times I was asked, "Mommy can I watch cartoons?" or "Mommy can I play on the computer?" Tuesday was easier and the boys didn't ask nearly as often. By Wednesday the boys barely asked! They've been using their imagination more and more each day and this is part of that.

0 comments: