Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How I Knew...

So this time around I totally knew I was pregnant before seeing the plus sign on the pregnancy test these are all the signs and symptoms I had before I took the test.




Am I on a boat? - Seriously every time I stood up I was so super dizzy. I don't remember having this symptom with either Owen or Jack's pregnancies. Owen loves to drive his cars around and around the coffee table and he loves for you to join in the fun. Yeah one trip around the table and I about fell over. Sorry buddy...no more cars for Mama!





Can you pass a tissue? - You know something is up when you start crying at Disney's Cars!



Do you have any Gas-X? - I think this one speaks for itself.




Did I just get up for the third time to go pee? - This started really early on...so annoying when you're trying to get a good night sleep.




Where did Mrs Hyde come from? - About a week and a half before I found out I was pregnant Owen and I were at each others throats. We both are very stubborn and strong-willed so it was pretty ugly. I think this is what got Michael thinking I was pregnant.





Where did all this fat come from? - When I first got pregnant with Owen I all of a sudden got upper belly fat. It was so weird. I remember running out to Target and buying a yoga mat so I could lay on the floor and do my Claudia Schiffer Abs video. I was determined to get rid of it. A week later I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant and I've never used that yoga mat again. I didn't get upper belly fat with Jack, but it definitely has made an appearance with this pregnancy.





Why do I still feel nauseous? - A few days before I took the test we all had the stomach flu so I wasn't thinking I was pregnant just because I was nauseous. However, the day before I took the test I wasn't throwing up anymore and I remember sitting in my rocking chair in my bedroom going, "Hmmmm....that doesn't feel like stomach flu nausea!"





How many days is that? - Of course I was late, but that for me is definitely not a clear cut sign that I am in fact pregnant. I've been late way to many times to rely solely on that as an indicator.





I also had the normal tiredness and a sore lower back, but those could both be dismissed by the fact that I have two boys ages 2 1/2 and 1 year old. What Mom with kids those ages isn't exhausted with a sore back!




So finally after all that I took a test on July 5th and before the 20 seconds were over with there was a plus sign showing. I was already so sure I was pregnant, but it was nice to have confirmation. I would have really been shocked if it had said I wasn't.

1 comments:

The Date Family said...

I want to do photos of you this time!!