Friday, August 28, 2009

Working In The Backyard

On Sunday Michael did a bunch of work on the retaining wall in the backyard. Then on Monday night after dinner he decided to do some more work. The boys and I love being out there working and "helping" him.
The rock pile is an endless form of entertainment.

Dumping rock to start a new row for the wall.

Wall is getting taller.


Here's the back side of the wall. It will probably have two more rows after this one. After I took this picture Michael was doing some checking and realized the wall bowed a bit. So it's been taken apart a little in order to fix it.


These are the two buckets that we use to fill up with rocks. Today I decided I didn't want to sit on the ground so we used the buckets instead. The boys weren't sure what to think of that though.


I've been trying to teach Jack how to climb up the ladder for the slide that's in the front yard. I guess he was wanting to practice a bit more today.

Jack and Owen both have colds right now so Jack just wants to be held all the time. This is what I saw most of the day.



While Michael was digging he came across this big rock. I asked Owen to sit on it so I could take his picture. He wouldn't smile for me so I just started asking him to give me his different faces. This was his scary face.


This was his sleepy face!

This was his mad face! I think we need to work on expressing our emotions.

1 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Are you still extending the yard way back to the neighbor's fence? I'm trying to picture this and it looks like the wall is being built right where the ground curved down. Looks good, I didn't notice any bulge!