Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Michael's Reaction

When I found out I was pregnant with Jack it was first thing on a Friday morning so I had to wait ALL DAY until Michael came home to tell him. It was awful!



This time around I took the test on a Sunday night. Michael was in playing WOW on his computer and I went in and asked him when we was going to be done...it was 10:30pm...he said he would be finished in about 30 minutes. I tried to act all sad so he would come in faster. I had been trying to think about how to surprise him with the news since I got him pretty good when I told him I was pregnant with Jack. I thought I could leave the positive pregnancy test in his underwear drawer so he would find it in the morning, but then I remembered he took a shower right when he got home so he probably wouldn't put a new pair of undies on in the morning. I really was not thinking very clearly at that moment so I couldn't come up with anything creative.



So when he came in after just 10 minutes I went into the closet to get the positive test and he was walking around the bed and I said, "So I have something to show you" and I held up the test. His response...."I told you, you were pregnant!" Not exactly the response I was anticipating! I remembered Michael asking me a few days before if I was pregnant or not and I said I didn't know, but I thought he was joking. I didn't really think he actually thought I was pregnant. So I've only been able to surprise him with Jack's pregnancy. Michael totally knew I was pregnant with Owen before we found out so that one wasn't really a surprise either. I guess my husband is just too observant!

0 comments: