Thursday, August 13, 2009

Show Us Your Life

This week Kelly wants us to talk about our favorite vacation spots. My first is without a doubt San Francisco. We went earlier this year. To check that out click here, here, here and here.

Our first trip to San Francisco was in June of 2006 with our friends Micah & Kim. Micah had just started working for Alaska Airlines so he let us tag along and use some of his guest passes for the flight.


It was literally a 24 hour vacation, but it cram packed full of fun.

We went to Fisherman's Wharf.



Ate at the Crab Pot! YUM!



Visited Ghirardelli Square.




Rode on a cable car.



Saw the Golden Gate Bridge.




And took a cable car tour of the city. It was so much fun and at the time we didn't even know I was 4 weeks pregnant with Owen.


My second choice would be Disney World. Michael and I took this trip in May of 2006. We had purchased tickets to Denver for my cousins wedding, but then I miscarried and the doctors wouldn't let me fly. So as some sort of therapy we decided to turn the tickets in and take a vacation all by ourselves. We usually would go on vacation with family.

We bought a package deal where Disney did everything. They picked us up at the airport on this bus and took us to the hotel. We never had to rent a car. There were so many different modes of transportation for us to take.

When we got to the Magic Kingdom we went to City Hall and got Magical Wishes buttons since we were there during our 7th wedding anniversary. They are buttons you wear with Mickey and Minnie on them in their wedding wear. They get you lots of special treatment.



Like 2nd row seats to see Beauty & The Beast. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. I love the music. I'm sure I actually sang out loud along with the production and annoyed everyone around me, but I was in heaven!

We spent a lot of time at Epcot...loved all the food choices and the fireworks show!


We also went to the Animal Kingdom and went on a safari tour.


We ate at so many wonderful places because we signed up for the Disney Dining Plan...totally worth it! It's like eating the food on a cruise without having to get on a boat.
I can't wait to go back when the kids are older and will appreciate and remember it. The only part of this trip that was awful was the 6 hour flight home. I don't like being stuck on a plane that long.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Nice new layout! What are you going to name your blog if you end up having a girl?

Micah and Kim Storer said...

Aww, good memories! :) That San Francisco trip was sooo much fun. It's hard to believe it was only one day long.