Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ocean Shores Day 2

Good Morning...thankfully we brought a bunch of blankets and hung them up in the living room where the boys were sleeping so they slept in until their normal time. Owen slept out on one of the hide-a-beds and Jack slept in his pack-n-play. All in all it worked out great!
My parent just got back from a long road trip to Wyoming and a bunch of other places and they bought these matching moose pj's for the boys. So cute!

We decided to walk into town with the boys since The Grey Gull is so close. We had to stop at this cute new shop called Sharkies. We got both the boys school buses. They are their new favorite toys. Last year when we came here we traveled to Westport and my Dad bought Owen a PT Cruiser and he just loves it so I think it will be a tradition for us to buy the boys a new car every time we go on vacation.


Last year we wanted to rent one of these, but the weather did not cooperate with us. It was so much fun and tiring. We ended up bring two of the straps from the portable highchair and used them as seat belts for the boys. It wasn't the best ride though. I put sunscreen on the boys right before we got on and Owen got some in his eyes and even though it's tear free it just made his eyes hurt. We were supposed to rent it for an hour, but we only did a half an hour instead.


On the way back to the condo Jack felt asleep in the umbrella stroller. He's never done that before. I guess riding a surrey is hard work.



After nap time we headed down to the ocean again. This time we stayed for a long time. We drove down and parked near the water. Michael started to build a castle and I put together our kite.



Owen had so much fun chasing the seagulls. He kept calling them ducks though.




This picture of Jack reminds me so much of Owen in
this post. I love this Tigger hoodie and I'm so happy Jack is fitting into it now.




The boys all had a great time digging in the sand. We even had tourists from Tacoma who took a picture in front of Michael's sandcastle.



Okay the boys are ready to go! See Owen's bus and his new McQueen car...another present from Ga-Ga & Pa's trip.



Michael's completed castle!


When we got to the beach I parked a good 100 feet from the ocean and I didn't pay attention to its movement so when I got in the car and looked out the front window I was a little shocked. It was only like 20 feet away. It was kind of freaky how fast it moved it. We really weren't there all that long.

0 comments: