Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ocean Shores Day 3

Have you ever read the book The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation? Yeah that's basically what the boys experienced on Day 3. They were both ready to get back to normal, but we still headed out and tried to make it a good day.
We went over to this Family Fun Center and went mini golfing. It didn't go as well as I had hoped....Jack cried most of the time, but Michael and I had a good time and it totally helped that I bet him by 3 strokes.


I'm a little fuzzy on the order of things on the third day, but at some point we drove down to the beach and Michael and Owen got out. It was super foggy. I mean so foggy that I drove really slow and we were pretty close to the water by the time we could actually see it. When we left I had to turn around and follow my own tire tracks out in order to find the road.


For some reason this time around Owen was terrified of the ocean. He wouldn't let Michael put him down.


He's such a good Daddy!


After dinner Jack was super crabby and he really needed to take a little nap so we just hopped in the van and decided to drive around. He eventually fell asleep and we drove over to the marina in a part of Ocean Shores we've never been. We happened to find this Community Club that had a playground so while Jack slept...


Owen got to play on the toys. He was pretty excited as you can see!



This play equipment was weird! There were actually signs all over saying it was designed for kids 5 - 12 years old. It was hard for Michael and I to get around without spraining our ankles.


Owen was able to climb up the slide, but Daddy had to help him down since there was no sides!



They did have normal swings though. One of Owen's favorite new words is crazy. I was swinging really high and he kept saying, "Mama crazy"!




0 comments: