Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life

This week Kelly wants us to show off or talk about more of our wedding such as...the wedding party, flowers and ceremony.
I'm being really lazy just like Kelly. I only have 2 photos of my wedding scanned and I just don't want to hook up the scanner right now. Too hot! So this is the only other picture I have. Maybe next week when we are supposed to talk about the reception I'll get more motivated.
In this picture Michael and I are actually signing our marriage license with our witnesses. Nicci, my maid of honor is on my left and Michael's oldest brother Rick, his best man is on his right. My bridesmaid dresses were this nice lilac color. We were married on May 8th so it was a great spring color. They were sleeveless and they had a chiffon wrap around the waist and it went down the skirt too. I liked them so much I wanted one!
We had a totally of 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen and I think 3 or 4 ushers. My cousin Nicky who ended up being a fill in bridesmaid for her daughter since she was in the hospital sang the two songs we requested during out wedding...Grow Old Along With Me and another pretty popular wedding song by Shania Twain. I can't believe I don't remember the name of it.
We got our flowers from QFC and if you'd like to see them (dried) you can check out our wedding room A.K.A. master bedroom in my Show Us Where You Live post here.
During our ceremony each of our Dad's read a letter that they'd written to us welcoming us to the family. It was really nice. The funny thing is that my Dad used the word tenacity a lot in his letter to Michael and I remember looking at each other and whispering, "What is tenacity?" LOL!!! We definitely know what that word means now!
The only mishaps that happened during our wedding was I didn't pick my dress up enough when I was walking up the stairs to the stage so I stepped on my dress. I handled it great so I don't think many people knew. Also Michael was really nervous about the repeat after me parts so when we were exchanging the rings and the pastor said to say, "I thee wed", Michael said, "I be thee wed". It was funny and everyone laughed about it.
All in all it was a perfect day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess,

The song, which still puts a lump in my throat when I hear it on the radio, was "From This Moment!!" I think Nicky sang it better than anyone on the radio. Love, Dad PS: It was SO FUN to have You move back home for a day....