Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Melting Pot

On Friday night my parents came over to watch the boys so Michael and I could go out and celebrate my birthday. The Melting Pot is one of my favorite places to eat. I love the experience and the food. It's not something that you can easily make at home or nearly as well so I don't mind paying for it. Of course I didn't pay attention to the coupon I had and didn't notice that it was only good Sunday - Thursday. Darn it!!! Oh well....we only go once a year.
If you've never been I would highly recommend going...make your reservations now! We always get The Big Night Out. It's a four course dinner with cheese fondue, salad, entree and chocolate dessert fondue. This time we tried a new cheese fondue it was spinach and artichoke and oh was it good. With it comes 3 different kinds of bread and tortilla chips, green apples, carrots, cauliflower and celery. I'm telling you if any of those things don't sound good dipped in cheese you will be totally surprise. Especially the green apples....WONDERFUL!!!

I tried a new salad and it wasn't anything to write home about...kind of boring and I was bummed. The entree included a lobster tail, shrimp, sausage, ravioli, steak, lamb and chicken. You also get unlimited veggies which include mushrooms, red potatoes and brocolli. They come to the table raw and you put them in the pot in front of you and cook them. There are 3 or 4 different flavors to choose from for your cooking method. We get the Coq Au Vin...don't ask me to pronounce that. It's good though it has garlic, shallots, mushrooms and lots of Brandy in it. With the entree comes 8 - 10 different sauces for you to dip your food in. YUMMY!
As for dessert we got the Flaming Turtle. It's milk chocolate, carmel and pecans served with...strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, rice krispy treats, cheesecake, brownies and pound cake. Heaven....pure heaven!

0 comments: