Friday, September 25, 2009

Murphy

Murphy is the name of the ceramic dog that is at Ga-Ga & Pa's house. Pa bought it for Ga-Ga when they were living in Germany during their first married Christmas together in 1971. That's one old dog! Murphy has lived (not unscathed) through lots of kids. He just draws kids to him with his cute sad look as he sits across the room. He just beckons them to come kiss him....

And of course the boys do just that!

If you click on this picture you will see Murphy's repair job that my mom did on his front left arm. Not sure how that happened. One memory I have of Murphy is that somehow a ping pong ball got stuck up inside him...you know how ceramic things have a hole in the bottom of them. I'm not sure if it was my brother or me that stuck it up there, but it was there for years. Eventually we finally got it out, but I remember being sad about it because it had been there for so long it had become a part of him. I know I'm weird!

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

H-E-Y. I was born in 1971. Who you callin'old? >:(

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,

I enjoyed Your note about Murphy, AND the pictures too of course. Murphy is named after a young single guy from Kentucky. Your Mom & I invited Murphy to join us for Thanksgiving AND Christmas dinner in 1971. Your Mom thought the ceramic dog had the same sad look as that young single guy, therefore she decided to use the name.

Totally amazing to realize that, just like Your Sweet Mom & me, the real Murphy is closing in on 60 years of age.

We know nothing about him of course, don't know if he has a Beautiful Daughter & Fantastic Son-In-Law like us, OR if he's been BLESSED with G-Boys that are SMARTER THAN ANYONES!!! Love, Dad