Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ella's Hutch

Michael's Mom and Dad just recently moved and they needed to get rid of a couple things that wouldn't fit in their new place and this hutch was one of them.
Michael's Dad actually made this years ago from reclaimed barn wood. I love it! I have always loved it and I'm so glad he decided to give it to us. I knew immediately I would put it in Ella's room. I want her room to have a shabby chic feel so this will be perfect. I can already picture this cute crystal lamp sitting on it with a frilly lampshade. I am going to make one adjustment though. The bottom part has chicken wire covering the doors and I love the look, but on the inside it's not finished off very kid friendly so we are going to cover that so no kids get poked and I'm going to get some cute fabric to put on the inside so you won't be able to see all the stuff that's stored in there.

0 comments: