Friday, November 20, 2009

No Worries (The Post Where I Use Too Many Parentheses)

Just the other morning I was taking a cup of chocolate milk to the dining room table for Owen and I was being lazy (that's been a trend recently). So instead of walking around the table I decided to just gently push it across the table. Bad idea! There was something sticky on the table so the cup ended up getting stuck and then spilled over. Isn't that just how it works....us Mom's tell our kids to be careful and then we end up being the one making the mess!
First I let Owen know that I would get him a new cup of chocolate milk so he wouldn't get sad and then I started singing this song that's on Owen's Elmo Potty Time DVD. It's goes...accidents happen and that's okay! Earlier this week the boys and I were at my mom and dad's house and I let them watch The Lion King for the first time (of course I fast forwarded through the scarier parts). But Owen loved the part with Pumba and Timon. While I was cleaning up the milk off the floor (with my super shammy I bought at the Puyallup Fair...AWESOME!) Owen just looked at me and said, "Hacoo Tata!"
Let me translate...Hakuna Matata...it means no worries for the rest of your days...it's our problem free...philosophy...Hakuna Matata! I have been singing that song a lot to the boys this week, (it's been stuck in my head) but I was so surprised that Owen used it in the right context.

0 comments: