Monday, November 9, 2009

It's A Beautiful Thing!

An organized and freshly painted garage that is! I can't tell you how giddy I am about our garage not being a creepy crawly place anymore. In fact it's been finished since Saturday, but I just parked my van in there for the first time tonight because I didn't want to make it all yucky with wet tire tracks. If you want to see the before pictures of the garage click here.
See the white garage door on the left. So much brighter! It's amazing what a little fresh paint can do. There is the cool cabinet I got at the garage sales.

Here's all the poisons and fertilizers stored safely inside out of the kids reach.

This corner wasn't that messy to begin with, but now the brown cabinet is actually being used properly to store things that aren't in storage containers already.


This is so awesome! Michael bought this system called Shelflinks from Lowe's. It's these black plastic bracket things that comes with the hardware and all you have to buy are the 2X4's and you can make the shelves any size you need. Michael built two shelves and the two movable workbenches on either side of his saw. It only took him a Saturday morning, so it was super quick. I love the pegboard hanging on the wall...I keep trying to find more things to hang up. This shelf is holding all the kids clothes, some toys and all the leftover paint we have.

Here's the other shelf. This one is holding all our camping, Christmas stuff and Michael's painting equipment.


And this is one of the main reasons we did this whole project....I am going to love having a place for the boys to play "outside" during all the yucky rain. They have already had fun out there having snack at their picnic table.

0 comments: