Sunday, November 8, 2009

This Is What Happens....

To your kitchen, if you pantry is infiltrated by a mouse! Yes, that's right....A MOUSE!!! We just got done dealing with having a mouse in our house for over a week and a half. Why so long you say? We'll let's just say don't spend the extra money and go out and buy the fancy traps....just get the regular old wooden ones and call it a day. After trying two different traps we went and got the old reliable ones and got the mouse the first night.

This is all the food....

That fits in our pantry! I don't know whether to feel disgusted by the fact that I feel the need to have this much food on hand or whether or not I should pat myself on the back for fitting it all in the pantry.

I'm sure you've guessed that Costco is one of my favorite stores. See the two Goldfish cracker boxes? Yeah that's what happens when you go to Costco without thoroughly looking through the pantry to see what you already have on stock!

Surprisingly I didn't have to throw too many things away due to mouse. There was poo everywhere so I vacuumed and disinfected everything though. He did chew into one package of apples and cinnamon oatmeal, he tried to claw his way into the peanut butter jar and he ate through this brand new bag of chocolate chips....he sure knew what the good stuff was.

Here's what my pantry looks like all cleaned out! It took me almost 2 hours to do this whole project and afterwards I could barely move!


Here it is all put back together, organized and most assuredly....CLEAN and mouse free!!! After everything was out I took expanding foam and filled in the hole that he was getting in through.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha!! AWESOME!! I bet you felt so much better after you got everything all cleaned up though!!