Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sugars & Spice & Everything Nice

I am so excited to have Ella's room finished. I love completing projects and now we can move on to organizing the office. It's gotten out of control!
At first I registered for letters at Babies R Us, but then I found these at Joann's and I really liked the 'E' better than the one at Babies R Us. Plus Joann's is always sending me those those 40% or 50% off coupons. So I bought all 4 of these letters for $10.03 which is less than it would have cost to buy 2 of the letters at Babies R Us. The ribbon is something that I just had on hand and Michael helped staple it to the back and hang them up.

Let's look at the room from left to right. We ended up painting the walls this two tone color. I love that look. The paint is from Sherwin-Williams and the names are Irresistible and Mocha. I was trying to save money so I found all the decorations for her room in closets or I just took them from other places in the house. Those black mirrors are from IKEA and I used them in Owen and Jack's nursery as photo frames for kids dressed in animal costumes. The sconces were used in our spare bedroom.

Owen and Jack's crib ended up being recalled so after we moved Jack to his toddler bed we took apart the crib and sent all the hardware back and received a voucher for a new crib. I love this one we ended up picking out and it didn't cost us anything!!! All of Ella's bedding, curtains and the blanket on the chair I got on Craigslist for $40 a couple months back. I love the argyle pattern.

Here's her hutch...I still haven't put the fabric in covering up the inside of the lower part because we couldn't find our staple gun anywhere. So I guess I'm not totally finished....oh yeah and her closet still needs some work. More projects!!! :) More decorations I just found laying around and the rocking horse is the one that I made and it used to be in the boys nursery.


Here's a close up of another one of those IKEA mirrors. We ended up printing out Ella's ultrasound picture and using it as a picture frame. My black ink was running out so the picture ended up printing pink, but it matches the room!
After reading about this room...I really wanted to get this chandelier from IKEA for Ella's room, but now that I see the finished product I don't think it needs it. I really like it just the way it is. I think it's really hitting me now that we have a GIRL on the way....A GIRL!!! I haven't put any of her clothes in the closet yet so I think that will really make it feel real! I am so excited I get teary eyed thinking about holding her and smelling her sweet new baby smell. Now I just have to wait! :)

2 comments:

Melody said...

So pretty! I love the pink and brown!!! I'm like you too.....I love to be organized and prepared : )

Micah and Kim Storer said...

It looks so great! I love the colors.